This post is sponsored by Acorn Influence and AVEENO®. All opinions about the product are my own.
We recently stayed in Miami, Florida for a few days. I love visiting my family because it’s typically a pretty relaxing trip filled with good Cuban food, loud relatives, and lots of reading. Since Lila Sophia has become a part of my life, trips to Miami aren’t quite as lounge-ful. 🙂
While I am definitely lucky that Lila loves to nap, we spend a lot more time outside. Reading was my escape from the hot Miami days, but it seems like my little one would rather embrace the humidity and bright rays of sunlight. Because that’s the case, I need to make sure and protect her sensitive toddler skin, as well as my own.
I want to teach Lila much more about sun safety than I ever knew. I took advantage of my Cuban roots and my olive skin tone and now have sunspots that represent lessons learned. Lila has been requesting playtime in the sun since she could walk at around 10 months! There are a few tips to keep in mind when it comes to suncare. I’ve been using the following guidelines:
5 Tips for Summer Skincare Safety
1. If possible, try to avoid being in direct sunlight, especially between 10AM and 4PM when the sun’s rays are strongest. These are prime zoo visiting hours (yes, that’s something to think about – ha!), so we make sure to have the covered stroller on hand. And there are plenty of shady exhibits, too.
2. Apply AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 15-30 minutes before going outside – even if you plan on seeking shade. AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is 100% Zinc-Oxide UVA/UVB, which offers an effective natural solution. Grab the best deal at your local Walmart where they offer a twin pack and an Ibotta offer for $3 in April and May.
3. Sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours. If your kiddo is sweaty or wet, reapply once an hour instead. Don’t worry about overuse of AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50, it’s paraben-free, tear-free, and hypoallergenic which makes it a-okay for everyday use.
4. Cover up. Some of my favorite summer accessories are Lila’s, too! We have about 4 hats to switch between this summer, and a couple pairs of sunnies. At first she kept taking off her sunglasses, but once she realized that she could look up more often with them on, and also saw mama wearing them, she was totally into it. The hat is especially useful for keeping her head and her hair part safe from the sun’s rays.
5. Make sure to apply AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 in the most commonly missed places like:
-Neck/top of chest (even the little sliver that shows about the shirt collar!)
-Ears and temples (sides of face)
-Around the whole neck (especially behind!)
-Tops of the feet
I don’t know about you, but I always forget the tops of my own feet! Thank goodness it’s more obvious to me when I’m slathering on Lila’s sunscreen. Check it out, though – we spelled NEAT. 🙂 “When applying sunscreen, remember to please be NEAT.”
Speaking of neat, I have to say, my favorite aspect of the AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 formula is that it’s easy to apply and isn’t too thick like most sunscreen. It rubs in real smooth, which comes in handy when applying Lila’s face.
What are some tips for staying safe and healthy this summer? If you’d like to pick up your own twin pack of AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 from Walmart be sure to use the Ibotta offer for $3 April through May!
Aw Lila is so cute and such great tips! I struggle with putting suncream on my little boy because I am so worried he will get it in his eyes, I need to find a special baby suncream like this that is meant for little ones 😀 xx
elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
(I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)
Comments are closed.