- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen soy crumbles
- one 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained
- one can of black beans, drained
- one 10 oz can of enchilada sauce
- one 6.5 oz pouch of golden corn muffin and bread mix
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese [colby/monterey jack]
- one 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- Cook chopped onions and crumbles over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring
- In the crockpot, mix crumbles, onions, beans, and enchilada sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir the corn bread mix, milk, butter, and egg.
- Stir the cheese and chiles into the bowl. [Add garlic powder, red pepper flakes if desired]
- Spoon over mixture in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4.5 hours.
- Serve with sour cream and avocado.
This dish was so good! I loved the cornbread because who doesn’t love carbs? 🙂 Daniel and I downed this dish in about 3 days – that’s a record!
Check out this delicious [also Tex-Mex] breakfast casserole!
Looks delicious! I love crockpot meals aaaand tamales!
so making the hell out of this. 🙂
Definitely going to give this one a try- looks AWESOME.
Comments are closed.