A couple girls in my derby league always wear the coolest T-Shirts to practice. The backs or sides are cut up and knotted, and just a bit of skin is exposed, along with their sports bras. Pretty cool looking in my opinion. I decided to try it out for the first time.
Materials: Rotary cutter, scissors, cardboard [or rotary mat]
You don’t need a rotary cutter, but if you have access to one it makes cutting the strips very easy!
Knotted T-shirt DIY
- Cut off the collar.
- Slip the shirt over the cardboard and continue cutting strips along the back about an inch apart until you reach the bottom.
- Twist the top strip once.
- Pull the second strip through this loop. Continue this pattern until you reach the second to last strip. Do not pull the last strip through.
- Cut the very bottom strip in half. You will tie these ends to the final loop. If you’d like a more secure knot, cut the excess in half [post-knot] and tie that into a knot, too.
- If you notice that any of your slices are uneven, feel free to correct them now.
Put your sliced up shirt on and look super cute at the gym.